Sunday 5 May 2013

Review of the week!!! Lihao Chinese Cuisine /Finish your broccoli

Today on Dedah Eats , I will be sharing my latest discovery of amazing and affordable Chinese food. Lihao Chinese Cuisine is a three month old restaurant located discreetly in the new fun centered Yaba ( Fun centered because of the mall, e-center). So I had been a bit skeptical about this new place... I have this ridiculous theory that if you cant smell the food from outside, it's no good...(I know all about kitchen vents, but that's my theory and i'm sticking to it). So after months of sniffing the air around the restaurant(literally!!), I finally gathered the courage to go in and I was pleasantly surprised. There's a real charm and authentic "Asian feel" to it. Share the fun experience through the pictures and ratings.



Ambiance: Once you step in through the miniature door, you are greeted by a red carpet which ushers you into the lush and comfy dining area. Depending on the number of your party, there's the cute table for two, and the traditional spinning table for larger groups.


The Menu: Okay, so this was a bit of a chore. I liked the fact that they had pictures of the food in a huge menu, but then they also had a separate menu for the prices, which was a bit confusing. So you open this mighty menu with the picture,track the number on the price menu, and trace the price...stress!!

The Food!!!:

The Entree: Dumplings and Spring-rolls. The "pork"dumplings are definitely not for everyone.I personally thought the pork was well garnished with the spices bursting into my mouth with each bite. The accompanying traditional vinegar complimented the light flour casing of the pork. Unfortunately, if you are not a pork eater, then this isn't for you.



The Spring rolls were fried to crispy perfection and they were quite generous with the peppered stew, actually took some away for my licking pleasure.




The main course :In a quest to be adventurous, I opted for beef in oyster sauce with broccoli. Broccoli has a horrible reputation, and to be honest, I have never tried it before...and it tasted AWESOME!!It had been steamed so it was tender but still crunchy. The Oyster sauce tasted a lot like chicken sauce, and was garnished with peppers and mushroom. Good stuff!!






Portion Control: A medium bowl of any meal is ordinarily meant for two, but my tasting buddy and I were so stuffed, we had to get the food to go.





Delivery time: This was the only let down, the main course didn't arrive until a whopping 50minutes after the order had been placed, though the taste of the food more than made up for the tardiness.

Staff: The doting staff were so friendly and eager to help. It was also interesting that they had crammed a menu if over 300 dishes. The Chinese manager was a real doll, if smiling was a sport, she would win.


Happy Food Critic, Happy Manager!!
Dining at Lihao's was Budget friendly( I repeat BUDGET FRIENDLY!!aka VERY AFFORDABLE!!), and a food connoisseur's dream. They have earned a five star rating, which they'll get once I discover how to do that, for now they'll get asterisks ***** . Join me next week as I troll the town in search of my next eat.



Looking forward to your comments!!!







18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dopeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Amazeballs!!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay this is officially my go blog.....looking forward to next weeks reviews sire/ma :)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh GOD I AM HUNGRY!!!!! I never choppppp :(

Anonymous said...

I love Food! I should eat here

Anonymous said...

Sowi stil didn't get d addy??

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!!!!!! I need more reviews frm u guys.......cant wait to eat here

Abigail said...

thanks for the discovery,I'll be sure to try it out... food looks great..

Anonymous said...

I am sooo going to try this place out

Anonymous said...

Nice piece certainly diff frm d whole lot. Pls kip up d good work & wots d address for this place??

Dedah Eats said...

Hey Guys, thanks for the comments... The address of Lihao's Chinese Cuisine is No.1, Thorburn Avenue, Yaba, Lagos( off Commercial Avenue)... Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

do you have any idea of the price range for a meal of two?

Dedah said...

Hey Alex! A three course meal for two would be between 10k to 12k...they also offer a chef's suggestion special menu, which offers a taste of almost everything on the menu...This costs 6k per head. Feel free to create your own selection to suit your budget.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Hopefully my boyfriend likes it, want to surprise him.

Yinx said...

dont agree with u on the budget friendly bit tho. went there with three friends and we all found it expensive. plus we had some shrimps that were undercooked. but then i went back another time and had some amazing bbq pork. not a bad place tho, but definitely not price friendly.

Roland said...

Dedah ur outing to LIHAO chinese cuisine last year was very good,.Try to come ds year to see d difference on d food's and d set menu,d dumplings,fried crab claw,shao Mai,spring rolls&barbecued pork etc.

mide coker said...

This is a really nice review
i went there recently and the staff didnt welcome me and the food was too salty.
plus it was not budget friendly at all
you can check out my review here

www.midecoker.com

Unknown said...

Oops..conflicting reviews already. Was planning on going there soon!